Friday, March 23, 2012

French postage help

I%26#39;m currently in Paris and would like to send some postcards back home to family in the states. The vendor we bought stamps from gave us 0.85 euro stamps to use but due to some language barriers, I just wanted to confirm that this is the right stamp to use for our postcards! Thanks very much!




|||



That%26#39;s the stamp I was sold in May for postcards to the states and all my cards made it.




|||



0.85€ is the correct amount of postage for anything not going to France or to the EU+Switzerland.





If you pass the 20g mark, it is 1.70€ up to 49g.





In any case, if you are in a post office, there are multilingual machines to weigh your mail and tell you the price, although I refuse to buy the crummy stickers. I always buy real stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment