Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Le Jules Vernes attire/reservation inquiry

Hello,





I just made a reservation for this restaurant online and I had a few questions about it if anyone could help. They sent me an email in French and I didn%26#39;t know if that was just a confirmation or if I was supposed to do anything to confirm my reservation. I want to make sure not to show up and have no reservation on file. Is there anyway that I can verify that I have a reservation on file? I emailed them back to the address that they sent me the initial email with and they didn%26#39;t respond. Also, for attire it is kind of vague. Could nice jeans be worn there? Thanks everyone!!!




|||



I had lunch there 4 years ago. I had the comcierge at our hotel call when we arrived to confirm our reservation for the nest day. As for attire, we were probably underdressed (jeans are without a doubt too casual) but the staff wwas totally gracious about it and couldn%26#39;t have been more polite or attentive if we were wearing tuxedos. It was our most memorable meal. The service was wonderful, the food was too,(get the kir royale) and the atmosphere.......




|||



Copy and paste the e-mail, I will gladly tell you what it is about!



Yes, minimum attire biz casual then up!




|||



We just dined there in April for dinner. The most amazing sunset views!! I would say that most men wore a sportcoat. My BF did not. He wore nice pants and a shirt. I don%26#39;t think I would wear jeans. I can%26#39;t remember exactly what the e-mail said, but I am pretty sure it was a confirmation of some sort.




|||



you can also copy and paste text and web sites onto goggle translator to get a pretty good idea




|||



Print a copy of whatever you have to show to the elevator operator.




|||



The place is beautiful. If you don%26#39;t get a window table, which they no longer guarantee, no way it%26#39;s worth the price. Answering an English e-mail in French is intimidating. Imagine how you will be treated when you get there. Sendedrins just bought the place and his restaurants, in my experience, are too full of themselves. The 2 star, Verne is just 1 star, Ambassedeurs in the Crillon Hotel is a far better and gorgeous place for the same very high price. Verne charges 2 star prices for its fabulous view. You can get that same view from many other places in Paris for far less cost.




|||



I often do Parisien fine dining, and I would recommend absolutely not wearing jeans to Jules Verne. You%26#39;ll feel most in place with a sportcoat and slacks. The view is obviously the star at Jules Verne, and it is great as a unique experience. Although the food has improved with Alain Ducasse taking over running the restaurant, it has gone from mediocre to not bad. Certainly nowhere near the upper echelon of Parisien cooking, not even close to Ducasse%26#39;s flagship restaurant at the Plaza Athenee. So if you are looking forward to the experience, you will undoubtedly enjoy. If your interest is in having the best food that Paris has to offer, there are numerous better choices (L%26#39;Arpege, L%26#39;Ambroisie, L%26#39;Astrance, Guy Savoy, Pierre Gagnaire, Taillevent, Michel Rostang, Le Cinq, La Grand Cascade). Bon appetit.




|||



Paris dreamin is right, it is Ducasse, not Senderin. I agree on the attire. I stand by my Ambassedeurs recommendation



thugh all of . Some of dreamin%26#39;s restaurant are 3 star. $7-800 for din din.




|||



Is that $700 - $800 per person or for two?




|||



It%26#39;s a bargain. For two if you get a moderate,$125, bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment