Friday, March 23, 2012

Hotel help- Hotel Britannique vs. Hotel Beauchamps

Hi everyone-





My husband and I will be in Paris for 4 nights in about a month (can%26#39;t wait) and I am trying to finalize our plans.





I currently have reservations at Hotel Britannique for 190 Euros per night. The reviews of the hotel are great and the location seems nice.





I have continued to look and have found another interesting hotel so I need some input. Hotel Beauchamps which is $60-80USD cheaper with the Orbitz rate and coupon I have for Orbitz. This one hs been recently updated and we tend to like boutique hotels.





I realize that these hotels are in different areas of the city so I appreciate any input you can give.



We are in our late 20s, active (like to walk and be out and about), and want cafes and bars close by.





Thanks in advance!




|||



I think that you%26#39;ll be much happier with the location of the Britannique. You have easy access to left and right bank and the islands, and it is easy to orient yourself from that location.





So for me it is about area. The 8th arr near the Champs--well, walk down the Champs but don%26#39;t base yourself there.





If you are wanting to change hotels for purpose of budget, then continue to look for a budget hotel closer to the area you%26#39;re already in. But with your trip only a month away--and Sept is a %26quot;busy%26quot; month--it sounds like you%26#39;re rethinking this when you really don%26#39;t need to. Instead, put your efforts into mapping out walking routes to the places you want to see.




|||



The Britannique is a fabulous hotel in a wonderful location. It%26#39;s not cheap, but since you%26#39;re going to be in Paris for only 4 nights, I think it%26#39;s worth it to splurge and be in the most central location.




|||



thanks for the responses- I was second guessing myself for no real reason- we are staying with our original choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment