Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Question about Le Train Bleu rest.

Im dying to try this restaurant.. but wonder if anyone knows if they will be open on December 24?..





Thank you




|||



I%26#39;m not trying to dissuade you, actually, I guess I am :) but I haven%26#39;t heard much of anything complimentary about the food at Le Train Bleu in recent years.





See Joan%26#39;s recent experience in her trip report:



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k30229…





You might consider going for drinks and sticking your head in to see the rest of the building. Or maybe lunch if you MUST eat there.




|||



Here%26#39;s a link to their website (www.le-train-bleu.com/uk/navigation.htm), can phone or email to ask about Dec. 24th.



IMO, the decor alone is worth the trip, as for the food, the cheese plate and wine were the highlights for me.




|||



Yes,, I forgot,, the cheese plate WAS very very good..




|||



I%26#39;ve had dinner there three times, the most recent being this past April. It is a beautiful place with lots of history, and the food, while not the innovative type you%26#39;d get at a Michelin starred place (nor are the prices!), is very good, IMO. Each time I%26#39;ve been there it%26#39;s been with different family members, and everyone has always liked it, also.





The website says it is open 365 days/year, so it sounds as though you are in luck. Do make reservations.




|||



We recently had lunch at Le Train Bleu with 2 other couples, and we all had a delightful time. Our waiter was charming, the service was good, each of us enjoyed our meal and the setting is beautiful. We plan to go back again.




|||



The Train Bleu by its notoriety cannot afford to botch the food. By parisian standards it is a very good quality/price restaurant. Look at the menu, makes me hungry! For Christmas Eve, there will be a special menu for dinner most likely, with a special price.




|||



Lougari,,, it can and does most definately %26quot;botch the food%26quot; on occaison. My duck WAS horrible,, I am not making that up.. and as for its %26quot;notoriety%26quot; that is what ALLOWS it to screw up since people will continue to eat there for the beautiful room and the history,, its not like its ever earned a star,, and beleive me,, it never will.





There are likely at least 50+ better places to eat in Paris if one judges solely on the food. It is not however in the bottom 100 restaurants either,, as my companions were satified with their dishes.. although they most certainly did not rave about them,, I think they found them to be fine.





The cheese plate was however very very good,, but then ,, its not like they made the cheese! LOL




|||



Nobody spoke about stars and I never said that they couldn%26#39;t do a miss. My point is to not making the food sound like slop when maybe it was just not to your liking or expectations. In a brasserie duck is generally magret (breast) and unless it was something else the only way to botch that is to over cook it. In the 15 or so years I lived in Paris I ate there numerous times (not just once) and they are no better or worse than l%26#39;Europeen on the other side of the street or any of the large brasseries (it is a brasserie) in Paris. Parisians go there and go back, not like there is no choice as you so correctly point out. The decoration is 3 star and the place worth a dinner.




|||



LouGari,





Thanks for your perspective based on numerous trips to Train Bleu!




|||



Question about Le Train Bleu... Would they allow me to take a photograph inside while we ate? It looks so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment