Tuesday, April 24, 2012

priceline hotel CDG bid

I read thru many posts here. We need a hotel for one night layover. Several posters got a $95 usd bid on priceline for the Sheraton CDG. The recommendation was to make sure you specified four star. $95 was rejected. Their counter bid was $164 usd. I accepted it and got the Pullman Paris (a four star rated hotel in priceline%26#39;s opinion).





The reviews on TA are very dismal. Long wait times for shuttle at best to rodents at worst. There will also be three of us (one adult and two teens) and the rooms are aparently small. The sheraton allows an extra person but I%26#39;m not sure this will be allowed at the Pullman.





Upon arrival we will be tired after 19 hrs travel and in desperate need of sleep, a clean bed, clean working shower, no hassels - easy in and out for our subsequent early am flight.





Any opinons on the Pullman%26#39;s condition? Is it really so dismal that I should forget about the priceline booking and book elsewhere? The lost $ are not going to break the bank in the whole scheme of our month long trip but I also don%26#39;t want to throw away money if the Pullman really is not that bad for a night.





I contacted priceline to try and change/pay extra for the Sheraton but they don%26#39;t allow it. This was my first priceline purchase and I just assumed that even if I did not get the Sheraton that I would at least get a true four star hotel.





TA rates it as a three star with 40 traveler reviews. Most reviews on TA are awful at worst to ok at best. 50% of Hotels.com reviewers did not recommend it. Expedia%26#39;s last two reviews are horrible. Orbitz, travelocity and yahoo travel have no traveler reviews. Priceline has four reviews since 2006. Two are good, one bad and one in the middle.




|||



Me too. Same exact story as above. I also tried to change the hotel with Priceline, citing the exact same reasons. We will be there September 10 of this year. I will email you immediately when I get back. If however you have already been, would you let me know how your stay was? Thanks!! Shelley




|||







TRVLNFUL,





The rest of this thread seems to have disappeared but notice the OP posted back in March.





She later reported the stay at the hotel had gone okay and hadn%26#39;t been horrible at all.







Rob




|||





Here%26#39;s what the OP said after she returned:





%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;



28. Re: Priceline problem??



Jun 19, 2009 12:52 AM





I was quite worried about this hotel when booked but it is actually just fine. Not top notch but friendly staff, decent and clean room and good service. As far as the worries over third person; they gave us a two double bed room which is fine for three persons. I guess priceline is not so bad nor is the hotel.



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;




|||



BLESS YOU!!! I have been worrying like crazy. I so very much appreciate your taking the time to alleviate my fears! Thank you so very much!




|||





Glad I could help. Have a great trip!





Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment