Saturday, April 21, 2012

Itinerary Question

Hello - I need your expertise ... I will be in France for 2 weeks in September. I have the beginning and end of my trip booked (Paris %26amp; Nice) - but I have a 4 days in between and I am not sure what to do.





Day 1 - 8 in Paris





Day 9 - 12 ??????





Day 13 - 15 in Nice





We will be traveling by train only. I have thought about Lyon, Avignon, Aix. Originally we were planning to stay in Antibes for that time, but the hotel we want is not available. We would probably prefer to stay in one place and possibly take day trips to nearby cities (ie: if we stay in Avignon - we%26#39;d take a day trip to Orange). I am so overwhelmed right now and time is ticking. I don%26#39;t know what the best place would be. Any thoughts would be appreciated!




|||



Easy! No reason to be overwhelmed! It%26#39;s just a vacation, and the choices you have %26quot;shortlisted%26quot; are quite sensible. To me, the options would boil down to Lyon or Avignon. When I have foreign guests around, I usually bring them to Avignon for a few days. It%26#39;s an easy 2 1/2 hour train ride from Paris, and an ideal base for day trips (renting a car would ease things up a lot) to the Alpilles, Luberon, Pont du Gard, Nîmes, Arles, etc (plenty more suggestions on the Provence board). On the other hand, Lyon is another option to be considered if you are more into big cities. No need to rent a car there, nice urban trekking, good museums, excellent food, and the relaxed atmosphere of this two river city. Again, the Lyon forum will be able to give more info. In your shoes, I would opt for Avignon, delightful at this time of year, but it%26#39;s just me of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment