Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Solo Provence

I will be in Provence in September for three days by myself before my travel companion arrives to do a bike tour. I%26#39;ve been to Nice, Eze, Marseilles before and am interested in spending time more in the countryside. My passion lies in food and wine. Any suggestions on places to go? B%26amp;Bs to stay in? Cooking classes? Wine tours? Great restaurants? Anything suggestion for the solo traveler is appreciated!




|||



Hi, I nearly always go to Provence on my own. Best way, if you ask me! My favourite places are Arles, St Remy, Apt and l%26#39;Isle sur la Sorgue. You won%26#39;t lack good restos in any of them and I particularly love st Remy which is a foodie%26#39;s paradise in a beautiful area. I stayed in Hotel du Soleil, and reviewed it on here.




|||



Have you looked at Vaison la Romaine? Very conveniently located for wine tours (Chateauneuf du Pape, Vacqueras and Gigondas close by) nice restaurants (%26quot;Bistro d%26#39;O%26quot; and %26quot;Le bonheur suit son cours%26quot; in Vaison, %26quot;L%26#39;Eloge%26quot; in Vacqueras, %26quot;L%26#39;Oustalet%26quot; in Gigondas) and if you don%26#39;t want to do all this by youself check out www.wine-uncovered.com and Provençal cooking classes www.cuisinedeprovence.com




|||



We enjoyed Lourmarin, and especially this B%26amp;B





http://www.foncaudette.com/




|||



Could you please tell us whether you intend to have a car or will be relying on public transport.




|||



I will be renting a car. I tried to book a room at Les Carmes but they were full. I am thinking of booking at Au Ralenti Du Lierre or Memoires de Provence. I still haven%26#39;t solidified any daytime activities so any advice is still helpful.




|||



I%26#39;m good. but not perfect - so where exactly are the places that you are still thinking aout staying?

No comments:

Post a Comment