Tuesday, April 24, 2012

6 days to split between Lyon and Annecy

I have 6 days to explore both cities. Right now I have them broken up as 3 and 3... would this be better a different way? Is 2 days enough in Annecy if we want to drive to Chamonix, bike around the lake, and wander the old town? Or is 3 days well suited for both?





Thanks so much for any advice.




|||



I haven%26#39;t been to Lyon but I spent 4 wonderful days in Annecy in late June and there was lots to do-biking around the lake, cruise/pedalos on the lake,bus trip to Semnoz (alpine scenery), day trip by train to the tramway of Mt Blanc(nid d%26#39;aigle).The scenery around the lake is gorgeous.There are about other places of interest nearby too that I didn%26#39;t have time for including Chambery.




|||



If you want to drive to Chamonix and still have time in Annecy, I think you might prefer to stay 2 days in Lyon, have 3 full days in Annecy, and take advantage of the day you drive to make a few stopovers : I am with previous poster and recommend a stopover at Chambéry (don%26#39;t miss the %26quot;trompe l%26#39;oeil%26quot; painted cathedral!), and you might also want to visit the %26quot;maison des enfants d%26#39;Izieu%26quot;.




|||



Great! thank you both. I will adjust to 4 days in Annecy and 2 in Lyon. Thanks for the recommendations. I will add them to my list :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment