Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Getting from Paris to Mont-St-Michel

I will be staying in Chartres, and would like to take a 2-day trip from there to Mont-St-Michel via train. Anyone know best how to do this? I assume I will need to go to Paris and then head to Mont-St-Michel. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how best to make this work by train and then bus if necessary. Also where best to stay one night on the Mont with economy in mind (a B%26amp;B?). Thanks for any help offered!



MarrinanRPP



Yarmouth, ME



USA




|||



From www.voyages-sncf.com it looks like you can take a train from Chartres to Rennes with a change in Le Mans. There is a bus service to Mont St Michel but I don%26#39;t know much about it because we rented a car and drove. There were buses right outside the train station, though, so I assume that is where you would get the bus.





We stayed at Auberge St Pierre. They have a website that you can get if you google it. We stayed in a family room with a bay view and it was 163 Euros. I don%26#39;t think anything on MSM is cheap. The hotel breakfast was 14 Euros/person.




|||



Thank you!!!




|||



Here is a tourism site with lots of information on Mont St Michel:



www.ot-montsaintmichel.com/hotels2_gb.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment