Thursday, April 12, 2012

Booking train from Agen (France) to Barcelona

Hi, hope you can help.





We are currently staying near Bergerac and want to travel to Barcelona from Agen on 25 August. I have tried to book tickets on raileurope.com but it will not let me pick up the tickets from the station (maybe because we travel over 2 countries), and I don%26#39;t trust them being delivered to our place in France.





I could get a train to Narbonne (picking the ticket up from Agen station), and then book an onward journey to Barcelona when we are in Narbonne, but I am worried the train will book out.





How do I book my train tickets to Barcelona and how can I make sure I have these tickets for sure and the train doesn%26#39;t book out????




|||



Why are you trying to book tickets on Raileurope? This is not in your best interest.





Use one of these websites:





www.voyages-sncf.com (in French only)



www.tgv-europe.com and select your country as the UK.





Actually if you are already in France, why not purchase tickets at the nearest SNCF Boutique or train station service window? You%26#39;ll get a much better price there than through Raileurope.





If you are able to purchase on line, select the option to pickup your tickets at the station. If you are Americans (and no one else would attempt to use raileurope.com) you will not be able to use your magnet strip credit cards to pickup tickets at a kiosk. No problem, just present the reservation number and the same credit card used for the on line transaction and the agent will issue you tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment