Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quilt shopping

Can anyone recommend shops in Paris that sell the Boutis (quilted bedspread) that are prevalent in the south of France? Preferably not too expensive!




|||



The only shop that MAY have them is:





Les Olivades (Provencal)- 95 rue de Seine (6th arr.).





If I find another, I%26#39;ll post back.





Good luck!





Next trip, go to the markets in Provence. They%26#39;re all over! L%26#39;Isle sur la Sorgue, St. Remy, etc.




|||



Here are others that I found in my %26quot;lists.%26quot; Not sure if all are still open, but you can try:





4th arr? Cotolaine - 131 Blvd. Sebastopol





These would all be in the 6th arr.:





Michelle Aragon, 21 rue Jacob



Mise en Demeure - 27 rue du Cherche-Midi



Le Rideau de Paris, 32 rue du Bac





I have no idea of prices.




|||



Real %26quot;boutis%26quot; are very expensive. Cheap ones are often made in China/India/ and you might find some at an open air market such as Place d%26#39; Aligre.




|||



Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I have been to the south of France where I did buy one a few years ago, but next trip is just to Paris. I shall certainly try these ideas.




|||



Here are two other suggestions of stores that I know have boutis:





Blanc d%26#39;Ivoire, 50, rue du Bac.





Souleido, 78, rue de Seine.





Both of these stores are near Les Olivades.





Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment