Saturday, April 21, 2012

Navigo Decouverte

Hi all,





I understand that Carte Orange is no longer available and Navigo Decouverte is the new format. When I left Paris last Nov, I saw only few metro stations where one can apply for a Navigo Decouverte. Can someone tell me where (metro stations) I can get a Navigo Decouverte for first time users? Tips about getting a ND? I know I have to bring in a 35mm x 41mm. Many thanks in advance.




|||



If you have your photo already, just ask at any service window for a Navigo Decouverte card. Presently the only fare option which may be loaded into these cards is the Carte Orange fare which is still indeed sold, only the card format has changed.




|||



Hi Sarastro,





I saw very few stations that have the service windows. I was hoping that you or someone can point to a station where I can do this. Thanks.




|||



I would guess the large train station windows (Gare du Nord, Montparnasse, Lyon, etc) and some stations sharing both RER and Metro connecting lines (Chatelet/les Halles, Etoile, Bastille, St Michel).




|||





Travelnutty is likely right... we noticed many of the %26#39;normal%26#39; size stations only seem to have a person sitting in a booth to give information.





Only the RATP can explain why, since the person is sitting there anyway, he can%26#39;t sell you a ticket!



;^)





Rob




|||



Oh - does this mean that I won%26#39;t be able to get the Navigo Decouverte from the CDG station?





I was thinking I could pick this up at the airport or something... Does this mean I should buy a single ticket to a major station first, and then get the Navigo Decouverte?




|||



I assumed that all the places thaT SOLD oRANGE WOULD SELL (FORGIVE CAPS) Navigo. I would try the large stations like Opera or La Motte Piquet. Anyone bought one recently? Great question.




|||



My family %26amp; I were staying in Paris for 2 weeks in July %26amp; we got our Navigo Decouverte at St Pauls metro in the Marais. The lady at the window was very helpful. We didn%26#39;t take photos with us. They have a photo booth at St.Pauls %26amp; we used that. We were given the choice of 4 different sizes %26amp; we weren%26#39;t sure which size out of the 2 smaller ones we were supposed to use. So we ended up getting the smallest size for me %26amp; the next size up for my husband %26amp; taking it back to the lady behind the window %26amp; asking her, in my very basic, poor french which was best. Both are fine she told me %26amp; proceeded to cut %26amp; stick them onto the card for me.We loved our cards %26amp; certainly got our money%26#39;s worth. I would highly recommend it.




|||



Titobob, you can definitely purchase a ND at CDG. I did late last year. Make sure you have the required picture with you and then go to the RATP office which is on your left at the bottom of the stairs to the train platforms.




|||



Any métro station whose attendants still sell tickets (ie I would guess half of them now) will also be able to sell you a ND. The people you saw %26quot;applying%26quot; (ie, I guess, filling out a form) for a Navigo were Ile-de-France residents applying for a %26quot;real%26quot; Navigo pass, one that will be sent to the address you write down on the famous form.

No comments:

Post a Comment