Monday, April 16, 2012

D Day audio guide

We will be spending four days in Basse Normandy in August.We are a family of five and cannot afford the guided tours.We will be touring with car.I have wondered if D Day audio guide is a worthwhile alternative? Has anyone used it or can advise? I have a copy of Normandy D Day Landing Beaches-Major%26amp; Mrs Holts Battlefield Guide. Will this be sufficient?




|||



Others will disagree with me but when we first did the beaches we found that this book, plus a little other background reading was sufficient. Also many of our B%26amp;B guests borrow our book and find that they have a great couple of days touring the beaches.




|||



I wouldn%26#39;t disagree. ;)




|||



The Major and Mrs. Holt guide has been recommended several times, on this and other sites. I have found it is not currently available in the US. Can anyone tell me if it is easily available in Normandy, in English?




|||



Why not order it from AMazon?





amazon.com/Mrs-Holts-Battlefield-Normandy-La…




|||



Thank you! Just placed my order. Somehow when i looked at Amazon yesterday, i found only an edition to be published in August, too late for my trip. Followed your link, et voila!




|||



Pleased to be of assistance! Have a good trip.




|||



Hi





Yes I got mine from Amazon, pleased to see you have one now.





I spent a week there last October and am returning next June.





Do not worry if the maps seem baffling from home, once there it will all make perfect sense.





For me this is the only book you need to find everything.





Have fun!




|||



Thank you for that information, just ordered my copy :-))




|||



The audio guide takes you round the most important sites as if you were with a private guide, you have the added freedom of going exactly at your own speed and stopping as long or as little as you wish for lunch. A human guide wont go with out lunch.




|||



But a book will!

No comments:

Post a Comment