Thursday, April 19, 2012

hotel room choice in Paris

I will be staying in Paris for 3nights and 2 days with my wife.



I need help deciding between staying near Gare du Nord and marriott at Colombes which is near La defense.



marriott works out to be $100 cheaper overall but it is put of city and no easy publioc tranpsort.



Can anyone suggest metro between Marriott and prominent tourist location in Paris.



Are these metros available late in the evening also?



Do you all think it is better to stay near Gare du Nord.



Please advice.



Thank you




|||



Do a search on that specific Marriott for reviews, which typically include comments on the location and getting to/from central Paris. Same with hotels near Gare du Nord. Many reviews describe the area/neighborhood, what is/isn%26#39;t nearby, etc.




|||



I%26#39;m assuming you want to do the usual tourist things in Paris.





In which case the Marriott at Colombes seems much too far out and difficult to get to/from.





But Gare du Nord is a pretty lackluster area to stay.





I%26#39;m not sure why you are limiting yourself to those two locations as there are tons of hotels in better locations.




|||



How much per night are you planning on spending?





And why near Gare du Nord? You can get there from anywhere in the city using Metro, bus system or a taxi.





Our hotel, the Hotel Vivienne is fairly close.




|||



My budget is abt $100 per night for 3 nights in the first week of Paris.



I want a room with attached bathroom and toilet in a decent location within Paris.



Thank you




|||



I went to Paris with my mom four years ago(her first trip out of the US). and we stayed at Hotel Minerve in the Latin Quarter. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. The location is excellent-near the metro, Notre Dame the Pantheon, the staff was wonderful....the rooms are small but you really feel like youre in PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you%26#39;ll be too far from the action at La Defense, and honestly, I%26#39;ve read that parts of the city near Gare du Nord are alttle seedy. it is the best city in the world and you should enjoy it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment