Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sunday Ferry Port Transportation

Hi! I posted a similar question on the Caen forum and haven%26#39;t gotten a response. I am probably being a little impatient, but our trip is approaching and this is the one detail we overlooked!





I am arriving on the Ferry in Ouistreham on Sunday morning. The only car rental place I can find opened Sundays is a Bayeux as mentioned by another poster. So it looks like my options are to take a taxi to Bayeux or take the shuttle to Caen and entertain ourselves until the first train to Bayeux at 11:00. We are interested in visiting the Normandy beaches and sites and don%26#39;t really want to miss half a morning waiting for a train. I found the Taxi-Caen on the Caen TI website and based on their rates it looks like a taxi from Ouistreham to Bayeux would cost 68-81 EURO. It there another transportation or taxi option anyone can recommend? Thank you!




|||



On the www.voyages-sncf.com website for this Sun Aug 23 there is a train from Caen to Bayeux at 9:13 AM. I don%26#39;t know if you could get there from the ferry by that time, though. There is a bus service at www.busverts.fr but it does not appear to run in the morning on Sunday from Ouistreham to Bayeux. You could probably contact the ferry company or the tourist office in Bayeux or Caen.

No comments:

Post a Comment