Thursday, April 12, 2012

Visiting Notre Dame and for concerts

I had mistakenly assumed that entry to Notre Dame was chargeable and involved long queues. When I read the site tonight, I see the charging bit I definitely got wrong.





I%26#39;m thinking of going to either a morning concert at the cathedral while I%26#39;m in Paris or a Night Show, which seems to be extended into October this year, or both.





So re the queues: Is there a separate entrance/queue for concert attenders? Or do I just need to get to the same door as everyone else in very good time?





Thanks.




|||



bumping hopefully




|||



We are going to Notre Dame on the 20th of Sept., the website has confirmed that there is a recital every Sunday at 4:30 pm.





After that we will goof around for awhile and then we are off to dinner at the following:





www.jim-haynes.com





You have to book ahead of time if you want to attend!




|||



I am not sure what you mean by %26quot; concerts%26quot; or %26quot; shows%26quot; but I have twice attended mass at Notre Dame on Sunday morning at 11am with beautiful singing by top class tenors and contraltos. There was a different queue for the mass (to the left of the main door queue) as the ND staff wanted the worshippers to be seated before 11 am.





Of course if you don%26#39;t want to take part in the mass you can still walk around the cathedral and listen to the music. The queue goes inside very quickly and I have never waited longer than 10 minutes.





In October 2008 we attended a presentation of the history of Notre Dame at around 21.00h with recorded gregorian chants. It was free, there was no queue and was advertised outside Notre dame.





Denise



love from Bolton




|||



Thanks, grndma, I think the 21:00 is what they%26#39;re calling %26#39;Night Shows%26#39; so that%26#39;s good to know.





I definitely don%26#39;t mean the Mass as a concert. I%26#39;ll be attending Mass at St. George%26#39;s on the Sunday I%26#39;m there, for religious, rather than musical reasons - although I%26#39;m hoping for good music too!





ND has a few concerts throughout the year, and %26#39;auditions%26#39; of the organ, and also %26#39;auditions%26#39; by visiting choirs. It%26#39;s one of those I want to hear, on a Monday morning at 11:00. I can%26#39;t find a way of buying tickets for that, so I%26#39;m now wondering if you can just wander in and sit down (where?) for %26#39;auditions%26#39;, leave a donation, as opposed to buying a concert ticket?




|||



I would love to worship in the holy mass at Notre Damme. Can someone tell me which service has the best choir singing.



Thanks




|||



Would love to attend holy mass at the cathedral. Does anyone know which is the best mass to attend with the choir singing?



Thanks



malini




|||



there are organ concerts at Notre Dame and they can fill up so you need to get there a bit early to get a seat -- but you just walk in with everyone else





we have never had lines at Notre Dame of any significance when we have been there except for these organ concerts and it wasn%26#39;t so much a line as just a huge crowd slowly filing in





during mass, people are seated in the center of the church and tourists still walk around the edges viewing tombs and windows etc




|||



Well, I did the sensible thing and emailed ND and asked - L%26#39;audition that I want to hear is just a walk in and sit down, as opposed to the concerts.





Here%26#39;s the reply for any interested:





Les auditions sont en entrée libre. Et il ne s’agit pas d’un concert organisé par Musique Sacrée à Notre-Dame de Paris avec les chanteurs de la Maîtrise Notre-Dame de Paris, mais d’un chœur étranger invité voilà la différence.



Nos concerts ont lieu le soir la plupart du temps à 20h30 , le mardi.



Vous pouvez consultez la saison sur notre site : musique-sacree-notredamedeparis.fr



Bien cordialement

No comments:

Post a Comment