Friday, March 23, 2012

Dress Code

Hi





We%26#39;re visiting Nice for the first time next weekend and my wife wondered what the dress code is like around Nice, Monaco, Cannes etc both during the day and also in the evening.





Many thanks




|||



You will see here everything from %26quot;Call the Style Police, there%26#39;s been a fashion accident!%26quot;, to the %26quot;baseball hat backwards, yo Dude, like, where%26#39;s the train to St Tropez%26quot;





Its very liberal here - you wear whatever you like, what you feel comfortable in, and where you expect admission to. Let the temperature be your guide.




|||



Just returned from Nice 2 weeks ago. I agree with the wide variety in dress you will see. As a 50 year old woman, I felt comfortable with nice casual clothes for day and night. There is lots of eating, drinking and socializing outdoors. Capri%26#39;s or a skirt, a knit top, and comfortable sandals were my daily choice.





I have to smile when I remember a fashion that was worn by women of all ages; exposed bra straps and back. Usually the wearer had on a tank top or halter so the bra could clearly be seen. I joked with my husband and our friends about trying it but couldn%26#39;t get up the courage!




|||



Celli -





I may get flamed for this but here goes: this is something of catwalk-culture and genuinely, I think both sexes applaud a woman%26#39;s effort to remain glamorous and female and defy the clock. Its a %26quot;Mediterranean%26quot; view of women rather than an %26quot;Anglo-saxon%26quot; one.





I see seventy-year olds here dress like seventeen, and honestly I think good on them. Why should the young ones have all the fun? Anglo-saxons seem to want convergence between the sexes and a rush to adopt old age.





It%26#39;s not about %26quot;keeping warm%26quot;, this is about enthusiasm for life. Have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment