Monday, April 16, 2012

Help! In paris: where can I buy a swimsuit?

Hi,





I forgot my bathing suit and am frantically searching Paris for one before my train departs for the south of France tomorrow...no one has one! (Including BHV). Any ideas?





Thanks! (I%26#39;m looking for a two piece, BTW).





P.S. I%26#39;m located in the Marais, near Hotel de Ville.




|||



Hi -





Ask at your hotel - especially the maids/housekeepers and at any cafe or bakery you go to. Use the original French term for a two piece - bikini - I presume the word is feminine.




|||



Try the shopping mall at Galeries de La Fayette. They had tons of them. My wife bought one there but beware they are a bit pricey as most of them seemed like designer names. But they had plenty.





Good luck.




|||



I would try H%26amp;M -- locations all over Paris.





It%26#39;s true that the winter collections are in all of the stores now.





They will still be on sale in the south of France of course. You weren%26#39;t planning on wearing your bathing suit on the train, were you?




|||



If you continue up rue de Rivoli from BHV in the direction of the former Samaritaine, you will pass two or three H%26amp;M stores, as well as C%26amp;A, Gap and Etam. If they have no summer stuff left, try the Forum des Halles just a couple of blocks away -- with three levels of boutiques, somebody is bound to still be selling bathing suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment