Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paris in January?

My friend and I are dying to plan a European vacation in either January or February. I know it sounds crazy to go there during the winter but we can%26#39;t wait any longer! Are we nuts?





Our ideal trip would be two or three of the following places: Paris, Venice, Amsterdam, and Madrid.





We are young adults and want to explore the cities but also want to explore nightlife in some places as well. We love food and wine, and want to do it all in Europe! This will our first time visiting Europe and would love some help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!




|||



Well, it is mid-winter and it%26#39;ll be cold even in Madrid. Remember that Paris %26amp; Amsterdam are definitely further north than Florida so will have much shorter daylight than you might be used to.





What is nice about those months is that you%26#39;ll get great airfare and accomodation pricing. How many weeks would your trip be ?




|||



Paris, like NY never sleeps. Cold in January but so what. We loved a New Years eve one year.




|||



We are planning on doing a 10-12 day trip. We are both in our mid 20%26#39;s and saving money is definitely one of our most important factors.





We have been looking at flight information and the flights are unbelievably cheap. I have also been looking at apartments in Paris and they seem pretty cheap as well. Any suggestions on where to stay in Paris? Hotel or apartment?





I%26#39;ve been to New York in the middle of winter so I know I can withstand the cold. Obviously I would much rather go during the summer or fall but we are definitely trying to save money. The cold wont really bother us and the short days will be fine too, we are both night owls!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:50 am, October 27, 2009


|||



I went to Paris in Jan 09 for the 1st time %26amp; I loved it. The flights were cheaper: $636 RT %26amp; it wasn%26#39;t crowded. Their store sales are going on then too! Great shopping! We loved it so much we are thinking of going back again next Jan!!. We were able to sit outside with heaters %26amp; people watch. We just bundled up %26amp; off we went. My travel report: …me.com/puggedx2/…11_LOST_IN_PARIS.html



and more pics: …me.com/puggedx2/…My_Paris_Photos.html




|||



cval2003 : nice list -- I%26#39;ll have to save this for our next trip ...





heatherLG827 : besides hotels, you can probably also get apartments at winter price since occupancy rates are lower.




|||



Hello there





That sounds like a great trip !



we went to Paris last winter and I can assure you that during winter time it is really nice !There are so much to see and to do ! We rented a studio with lodjee ( www.lodjee.com/paris ) for few days, it was in the Marai which is I think a really good area for shopping, restaurant, its trendy and young and you shoud try to get an accomodation on this area I think !



I dont really know about Venice, Amsterdam and Madrid They are all so diferent, but well I hope that I helped you a bit with Paris !



enjoy your holidays !




|||



In January, you will get the best hotel deals. I%26#39;m not surprised to learn that the flights are the cheapest too.





Be careful though, some parks or attractions might be closed, or have limited opening hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment