Thursday, April 12, 2012

Worried about what to wear in Paris?

No need to worry about what to wear when you come to Paris. There are no fashion police, contrary to popular belief.





In my own neighborhood far from the tourist trail, here are how people dress when they have returned from work at the end of the day or what they wear on the weekend to do their local shopping:





http://tinyurl.com/oe9wc3




|||



This is the type of attire that I often see during my frequent stays in Paris. Thanks for sharing!




|||



and it%26#39;s been hot this past couple of weeks -- so cool and comfortable has been the rule of the day lately!




|||



I see white trainers! Why do we keep getting told that no one in Europe wears them? *LOL*




|||



So funny! I was freaking out with fashion angst when I went to Paris for the first time last spring, and was SO surprised (and relieved) when I saw that dress was really no different than in any other large city...lots of everything. I certainly wasn%26#39;t able to discern the Parisians from the tourists by what they were wearing.




|||



Hmmm, a fair number of men in shorts. That certainly contradicts the edicts of the fashion police!




|||



Not sure how I feel about men in Capris.



Most of this looks like a %26quot;slimmer %26quot; version of my city in summer.




|||



Thanks so much! I was wondering what to pack and now I know...Hopefully Rome is the same, or people may think I%26#39;m from France. LOL! Looks like any big American city - only not as fat. Guess I will still look like a tourist.




|||



%26quot;Unfortunately%26quot; people who are thin can get away with anything !!! It has been hot lately, there are many tourists in town and you see a lot of everything.



Just pay more attention if you go to really fancy places.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, July 06, 2009


|||



You can spot an American tourist anywhere. Unfortunately many Americans we saw were overweight. Most French people we saw were on the thin side, dressed very well. If you want pure comfort, wear what makes you comfortable. Paris is a walking city. Tourists wore sneakers, backpack and shorts. Fortunately when we went 3 wks ago, it was about 65-70 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment