Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where is best escargots in Cote d'Azur?

When I was 15 years old - many moons ago - I ate my first meal of escargots in Cannes and fell in love with the delicacy.





Do any of you have suggestions as to the best escargots you have had on the Cote d%26#39;Azur? I will be there for 9 days starting late September and I am already dreaming about the escargots swimming in garlic infused butter along with crispy hot french bread.





Any suggestions? Thanks




|||



We liked the escargots at Le Feu Follet, in the old village of Mougins--but the restaurant has now changed hands and so I can%26#39;t vouch for the goodness. But I have to say that we have yet to be disappointed in any escargots we have had at any restaurant in the area--perhaps we%26#39;ve just been lucky!




|||



Thank you for replying so quickly. I too imagine that escargots is one of a few items they really are unlikely to screw up. I just want to stay away from the overpriced places that are geared up for tourists to I can really indulge to my heart%26#39;s content without paying the price of a small yacht for the privilege.





I%26#39;m sure I%26#39;ll find some on my travels. I%26#39;ll be in Haut de cagnes, Antibes, Villefranch, and probably Cannes for nostalgia purposes -





Thanks again. If you have any great tidbits of info and/or advice, I%26#39;ll be glad to take %26#39;em. I usually travel to Italy about twice a year and haven%26#39;t been on the Cote d%26#39;Azur for a long time.




|||



I just remembered that we had some very good escargots at the Bistro de Valbonne (in the small town of Valbonne) last December--a dozen for a first course. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment